Tuesday 10 March 2015

Sheena Douglass Perfect Partners

Hello everyone and thanks for dropping in.
I am still slightly overwhelmed by all the comments I received on my last project, both here and on Facebook, thanks so much for that, so much appreciated.

Today I am showing you the first set of cards I made for Sheena Douglass's shows which are due to take place on Thursday March 12 on Create and Craft
Shows are taking place at the following times: 8 am, 11 am, 2 pm, 4 pm and 7 pm, and if you love Sheena Douglass stamps, trust me, you don't want to miss this! New stamps, dies and embossing folders. Ok, so here are the first few of my samples, - I'll be showing more as the days go on.
An easel card, using some of the new stamps and dies. I also used an embossing folder, but that is hard to see on this one. The great thing is, the folders match some of the stamps, so you can layer them up over each other.
For this one I just used an embossing folder. This one has a matching stamp too, but I did not get that one. The great thing is though, If you colour the embossed image, it pretty much looks like a stamp. The flowers and leaves are all made using matching stamps and dies.
Finally, a box, again using one of the folders, stamps and dies. I particularly love the different flower and leave dies, they are so versatile and can be used for so many different projects.
The bird comes with its own matching die, it can be coloured in so many different ways. Here I coloured it to make it look a bit exotic and would match my background.

Well, that's it for the first installment. Like I said, there will be more in days to come.
Don't miss the shows!!
Thanks so much for visiting and see you next time!

28 comments:

massofhair said...

Such a fantastic circle die Astrid, looks so amazing and i do like your bird card with the banner. Hope to catch the shows on Thursday and to see your cards in real life. Looking forward to your snippets! :-) xxx

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Astrid,
This is a little different for you, but as usual you have made a superb Box with the stamps and dies. The Bird looks amazing.
Smiles:)
Sue

Rita said...

What a fantastic array of cards Astrid and I do love your box. Will set the show to record. Have a Good Day my friend. Hugs Rita xxx

maria's knutselplezier said...

What a stunning box!! I love the colours and King bird!! The card is so lovely with the sweet bird and the beautiful cage!!! Perfect for a birthday gift!!! I love them both!!

Greetings
Maria

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful new stamps and dies, and you have made lovely things with them. Valerie

brenda said...

Just beautiful Astrid, a stunning piece as always.

Have a good Tuesday.

B x

Maryann Laursen said...

Awesome and stunning work here again Astrid, and especially the box is just soo me, I absolutely love it. But everything you ever do is soo beautiful, and I love your way of doing things and your use of different products always. Soooooo sooo beautiful work as usual hun.

chrissie said...

Very beautiful cards and box and the stamps are gorgeous

Love Chrissie xx

Pamellia said...

Wow, these are just gorgeous Astrid! Amazing stamps and what a great idea to colour the pattern on the embossing folder image! So much wonderful nature in these sets, more things to add to my wish list! hugs :)

Patty O'Malley said...

Beautiful projects! I especially love the bird on the last one.

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Such elegant makes Astrid!!!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my these are so lovely ... Sheena is so lucky to have you to showcase her goods ... Congrats on your TV feature!

Unknown said...

The easel card is my fav - so elegant and unique. Very pretty dies and stamps. Love your bird too. All of these projects are done with your usual up scale flare Astrid. You should be proud! j

Julia Aston said...

Three lovely creations Astrid!

Kathy Bradley said...

Your easel card is very pretty and elegant! If I may say so, though, I love the gorgeous box with the beautiful colors and birds on top. The flowers and stenciling look amazing as well. Lots of inspiration within the walls of this blog!!! Thanks for sharing!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Wow gorgeous projects, I think I like the bottom one the best but I love them all :) Shirleyxx

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Gorgeous work!

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely work with the new Sheena goodies, Astrid - fabulous samples.
Alison xx

Meggymay said...

Love the pieces you made with the new products Astrid, all gorgeous.
Yvonne

Anonymous said...

The card! Ohhhh the card. I'm drooling over the card. I like all the projects, but I fell into deep love of the card. Big M is going to divorce me when I tell him that he has to get his credit card out again on Thursday. Perhaps I should catch him at 8am, when he's still only half awake. lol
Sending love. (and still drooling...) ... ~ Cobs. x

Redanne said...

Your cards are beautiful Astrid, such a different style for you but truly beautiful! I just love the beautiful bird on the last card. Hugs, Anne xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

These are all wonderful samples! Love that bird and those beautiful colours you have used, Chrisx

experiments in paper said...

WOW - wonderful makes, Astrid!! I look forward to seeing the shows to see all of your makes, but in the meantime, admiring the detail and fabulous textures and colors in your pictures...incredible!!! I continue to learn so much from you!! xx Lynn

Jackie PN said...

Very pretty Astrid!

Maggie said...

Gorgeous makes with Sheena's new stamps etc will be watching shows and no doubt these will come to join other Sheena's stash I already have lol.
MaggieH

Deb said...

Beautiful Astrid, I'll have to try and tune in for the show!

Dorthe said...

Beautiful Astrid, I love your box and your exotic bird!!
xox ,Dorthe

Margaret Mifsud said...

Once again such beautiful projects!! I especially love the box but they are all stunning!!! Love the colours and all the fabulous details!!! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key