Monday 8 October 2012

Tag 2 of the Funky Junky 12 tags of Christmas challenge.


Finally I managed to finish my second tag of the Funky Junky's 12 tags of Christmas challenge. Mine looks absolutely nothing like hers, but I did get inspiration from her in that I used a Father Christmas image (even though hers was stamped, I also used the Tim Holtz on the Edge snow flake die. Details of the Funky Junky's tag and the challenge can be found on her blog
I made my backgrounds with Chipped Saphire and Frayed Burlap distress inks on a large manila tag. I then stamped a Tim Hotz background stamp with Gesso (not much to see of that anymore). I then cut a fancy label and glued my Santa image. I fastened the snowflakes at the bottom and added clear embossing powder which I bubbled up with my heat-gun. I also added some diamond stickles. Finally I embellished with a die cut poinsettia cut from vellum and a fancy snowflake brat at the top which I aged using alcohol inks.

12 comments:

Debbie Brackett said...

Great tag! I love the colors you used.

craftimamma said...

You are a past master of layering lots of gorgeous textures Astrid. This is lovely and the colours are so rich especially that gorgeous blue. Love that beautiful poinsettia too.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Netty said...

wow the colours on the tag are stunning Astrid and loving the terrific design. xx

Betty Benton said...

Your tag is amazing!!

marda said...

Your tag is just perfect...love all that layering and the colors. Great Santa image too. I do a lot of "inspired by"...that look nothing like the inspiration!!!!

Pat C. said...

What a gorgeous tag! I love the colors, the images, the textures... um, er, I guess I love everything about it!; )

xoxo

Sandy said...

Astrid your Tag is unbelievable.
Stunning blue vintage Tag.
Gorgeous.
xoxo

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oh my goodness, Astrid, this tag is drop-dead stunningly gorgeous. It has almost an ethereal look to it. The Father Christmas image seems to glow and I adore the blues you have included. A magnificent piece of work! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at The 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style challenge.

Hugs,
Linda

Beverly Sager said...

Ditto to what everyone has already said - it is beautiful!

Ros Crawford said...

This is beautiful!!

Marisa Job said...

What a stunning tag! I love how you framed the image!!!

Unknown said...

An absolute gorgeous card!! I really admire your work. I wanted to try my hand at the 12 tags of Christmas but I am afraid mine do not turn out as gorgeous as all the others.

Keep up the inspiration. I can't wait to see what is next.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key