Monday 11 July 2011

Monthly Journal Prompt for July

My friend Roc posts a journal prompt every month, (you can find a link to her blog along my sidebar). For July the prompt was "If you had 3 wishes, what would they be?"

Well, of course all of us have lofty wishes for world peace, happiness for all, no more hunger in the world, those certainly are wishes that I carry in my heart everyday of my life. Journaling however, is also something personal, so I decided to journal about more personal wishes for this particular prompt.

The background was created with the usual, - acrylic paints, gesso, old book pages, stamps, stencils and spray inks,wax creations, charcoal pencils and pens.
the colourful words from Tumblefish Studios at Deviant Scrap
The images came from Altered Artifacts. The border came from a sheet created by Gail Smith from Shabby Cottage Studios

Please click anywhere on the picture to see more detail.

Thanks for visiting and have a great week

6 comments:

Heather Jacob said...

ooohhh sigh !!!! this is exquisite .. and what a wonderful idea ... love all the blended colours and your details ... amazing .. hugz x
thanks for your special words you left on my blog Astrid you are very special ....xoxo

Netty said...

Terrific spread Astrid and your three wishes are a joy to see. Of course I had to blow it up and read them owing to the fact am nosey..... Annette x

Unknown said...

So beautiful! I love how you put everything together. I am working right now on learning how to layer, and you do it so well!

roc said...

your journal pages are really wonderful astrid!

Tusia Lech said...

I have looked at your pages for some time. And I am always amazed and thrilled by your talent! This page is not an exception. Stunning!

fairyrocks said...

I hope your Muse stays too, Because these are wonderful!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key